Watch The Nikko Jenkins Story
Judge Bataillon stated Monday that there was no proof that Bordeaux knew that Jenkins would kill, somewhat than simply rob, the night time of Kruger’s dying. “I don’t believe, nor have I seen any proof, that Ms. Bordeaux knew the results of that night time,” Bataillon mentioned. “Two males were brutally killed, which, I think, was to the shock and remorse of Ms. Bordeaux. Jenkins’ behavior has caused several delays in the dying-penalty proceedings as Judge Peter Bataillon has thrice ordered him to be evaluated for competency.
- He had threatened violence while incarcerated and begged corrections officers to commit him to a mental health establishment.
- At a Judiciary Committee hearing in March, Kleine testified in favor of the dying penalty, but he additionally said he was pissed off with the state’s lack of ability to “get its act together” so far as an execution technique.
- Prosecutors say Jenkins shot Juan Uribe-Pena, Jorge Cajiga-Ruiz, Curtis Bradford and Andrea Kruger in three separate ambushes over 10 days final summer time after his July 30 launch from jail without supervision.
- He smirked and laughed briefly as prosecutors recounted details of his victims’ deaths.
- However, in an interview with The World-Herald, Dunning said know-how helped authorities monitor Jenkins from shortly after the Kruger killing until Jenkins’ arrest.
A protection psychiatrist has testified at hearings that Jenkins suffers from schizophrenia and maybe a bipolar dysfunction, while state psychiatrists have testified that Jenkins is faking mental illness. Jenkins has insisted he does not remember the killings and that an Egyptian god ordered him to kill the 4 as human sacrifices. A group preventing the demise penalty petitions is working with a $four hundred,000 donation from the Proteus Action League, asking voters to “decline to sign” the petitions.
Nebraska Man Needs Supreme Court Docket To Evaluation Demise Sentence
On the topic of tattoos, Floyd acknowledged telling police that the person who offered the shotgun had tattoos on his neck. Seconds later, Floyd testified that Wells handed over two shotgun shells and advised Nikko Jenkins one was good and one wasn’t. Douglas County District Judge Peter Bataillon is expected to announce a decision at 2 p.m.
The final execution in Nebraska was carried out in 1997, when Robert Williams was sentenced to demise by electrical chair for killing two ladies in 1977. Schmaderer mentioned that earlier than Kruger was killed, police were wanting into a connection between the earlier unsolved homicides. Investigators had noted that weapons used in the earlier killings have been of the identical kind.